Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving and beyond!

15 weeks

Thanksgiving was a success. It was a total whirlwind, but it was great to see all our family!

Baby B apparently isn't a huge fan of Thanksgiving food however. I don't know if it was the heaviness of it all or what, but at both major meals, my stomach was upset. The funniest story from the holiday weekend was Thanksgiving night. We ate lunch with my mom and sister at our house, then in the afternoon, went to Gary and Judy's. Judy had spent so much time cooking and then forever cleaning up. The entire time, my stomach was a little rumbly so not only was I still full, I didn't even want to try and eat. Until right about 7:30 pm and then I was STARVING!

I didn't want to make Judy get all the food out again and I didn't want to run the risk of an upset stomach again. And, as has become the norm, all that sounded good was a cheeseburger! Well, being Thanksgiving night, NO fast food places were open. Erin and I even drove all around the area - McDonald's, Wendy's, Sonic, Burger King, Winstead's - NOTHING was open. I had almost given up hope until we were on the way back home and saw that a bar by Gary/Judy's had lights on! I got back to their house and called Saints and ordered a cheeseburger and fries to go!!

While it wasn't the world's best cheeseburger, it sure tasted like it that night. These crazy cravings are pretty funny!!

This week has brought an end to the belly band with my old pants routine. I think I'm finally past the point of that not only being comfortable but being in any way appealing. I'm giving the final pair of pants one last shot today but at lunch I'm heading out for some maternity pants!

We had a doctor's appointment on Monday and all looked good. She checked the heartbeat and said it sounded nice and strong! We also bought our video baby monitor. We found a really nice one for a great deal (gotta love holiday shopping deals) so we decided to get it. Our crib is also on sale so that may be the next purchase. We find out in 3 weeks what we're having and I cannot even wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment