Thursday, December 30, 2010

Halfway Mark!! 20 Weeks!!

20 weeks

Well, we've made it to the halfway point!! It feels like it's gone so fast and at the same time, it feels like so long ago since we found out about our little bundle!! After we found out what we were having last week, I hit Baby Gap the next day and stocked him up on some super cute stuff for next winter!! Fearing he might be a big boy, I bought them with hopefully some room to grow!

Christmas was wonderful! Judy spoiled him already and got him tons of little outfits! He also got his first pair of Nike Jordan tennis shoes, just like his daddy used to wear! I felt a little overwhelmed Sunday morning after Christmas. The baby's stuff was everywhere, our stuff was everywhere, and I just felt like I wanted everything clean!! I took down all our Christmas stuff on Monday, which was early for me, being only 2 days after Christmas. But it felt great to get it down so we can start organizing it and the storage room.

This week has been a little more rough than others. I'm starting to feel the pregnancy a lot more. My bump is definitely there now and I feel like it makes me walk slower and my back hurt. It's probably just going to take some getting used to. I went to the gym Monday night and it was so hard! The walking wasn't bad at all, but the light weights and leg lunges were hard. I used to be totally confident in the weight room and now I just feel out of place. There are so many things I used to be able to do that now I can't do so I spend a lot of time just trying to figure out my next move. The worst may be the bathroom visits!! It's ramped back up again and I feel like I'm in there all the time. What doesn't help is that I'm so thirsty that I drink tons of water, but I feel like just lookng at a glass of water makes me have to pee!! I'm getting up 2-3 times a night which doesn't help! With all the cleaning and organizing and everything on my mind, sometimes if I wake up to go to the bathroom, I have a hard time getting my mind to shut off so I can go back to sleep.

Little man is starting to get on a little bit of a schedule it seems like. I'll usually feel him move in the morning - 8am-9am is when he starts and then at night usually right around 9 or a little after. The rest of his movements are a little sporadic, so it makes me nervous if I haven't felt him for awhile. We started talking showers today!! Judy is throwing one and my sister and my mom wants to also! It's so exciting to think about! I feel so grateful that so many people want to do these for us. We had a bunch for our wedding and we felt so loved.

We're hoping to get the crib ordered in the next couple of weeks and maybe the dresser. We decided to buy a new dresser to match his crib so we can have the old dresser in the room now for storage for our clothes. I feel like there are a million things left to do to get the house ready and luckily we have plenty of time. I just tend to get so far ahead of myself and just go from Point A to Point ZZZ and get overwhelmed by how much needs to be done. We just need to take it a step at a time.

I've been having a weird feeling this past couple of days in my stomach. It almost feels like pressure and sometimes a pulled muscle. Down in the lower part near my pelvis I feel little flutters every once in awhile, but not like 'baby kicking' flutters. I'm trying to document as much as possible b/c I have some friends who are also pregnant or trying and I want to be sure to tell them the things I went through or compare notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment