Monday, March 7, 2011

Shower time!!

30 weeks
We had another amazing baby shower this weekend. This one was thrown by Mia, Erin and my fabulous friends - Jessi, Tracy and Kristin! Again, Baby B and I were totally spoiled! We have pretty much everything we could possibly need for him!! We also found out that he's not only getting 1 girlfriend (Tracy's having a girl) but 2!! Kristin found out last week that she is having a girl as well!! I'm so excited to start shopping for baby girl clothes!!
The nursery is about 95% DONE!! I'm so happy with the way it turned out. It looks awesome. Pictures are below, and we've added a few things since then. I'll try and post a final pic when it's 100% finished! Here is a before pic looking into the room from the doorway:
And a couple of 'after' pics:



Here's a before pic in the door to the left:


And the after:



All that is missing now is a rug, his name on the wall and the baby!! Nick took these pictures and didn't clean up some of the clutter so I'll have to take some pictures when it's nice and clean!! It's all starting to feel so much more real now. We've gone from having almost nothing to almost everything in a matter of a couple weeks!! Now that the nursery is pretty much done, we've just got to start making room in the kitchen and bathroom for all his stuff there!
He is moving all over the place now! It's a lot of fun feeling him all the time. It's started to get to a point where sometimes his little jabs are almost painful, but not terrible. He's really active in the mornings and when I lay down at night. I do my kick counts when I wake up and when I go to bed. You are supposed to count 10 kicks in an hour, I usually don't even make it to 10 minutes! LOL! He's pretty active!!
I'm still feeling really pretty good. I'm getting more tired now, but really no serious back pain or anything yet. I think I've started to notice the dreaded stretch marks!! EW!! I was hoping to avoid them, but it looks like they are inevitable. I'm so short so my belly is just sticking straight out in front of me! He's sitting pretty low, he has pretty much the whole time, so he's living up to the wives' tale that you carry boys lower.
I've started finally having a few cravings. And it's for things I never really ate much of when I wasn't pregnant. Ice cream and chocolate. Both things I don't mind, but never really ever HAD to have before. Now it just sounds so good! Especially ice cream!
We get to get another look at him next week! The doctor said at our last appointment that I'm measuring a little bigger than I should be, but she thinks it's due to my height. Just to be safe, she wants to take a look at him and see how he's measuring now. So we can make any necessary decisions if for some reason he's going to be big. I'm so glad there's nothing terribly wrong that we're looking at, but also excited to get to see him again! I bet he's changed so much since the last time we saw him!!
I'm definitely starting to get little fears here and there that something may be wrong with him that we don't know about yet. I've done a pretty good job of trying to push those thoughts out of my mind and not focus on them, but it is something that worries me. Since we didn't do any of the prenatal testing, there is a chance something could be wrong that we don't know about. I'm just trusting God that everything will be ok. We've been so blessed and lucky up to this point, no reason to start doubting things now!

No comments:

Post a Comment