Friday, March 18, 2011

Chubby Cheeks

31 weeks

We've got some chubby cheeks on our hands!! We had our sonogram this week to see how big Baby B is and like the little model he is, he gave us lots of great looks at his face!! The first thing we could see were his chubby cheeks!! They are so cute and we just want to kiss and pinch them already. He is head down, and hopefully stays that way! Seeing how he's positioned confirmed the little round ball I've been feeling under the right side of my ribs is definitely his little butt! He's definitely a little mover! I drank some Diet Dr Pepper before the sono to get him moving and he even had little hiccups! It was so cute!!

He's definitely a big boy...but not big enough to be concerned. At this stage, he should weigh about 3lbs and he's coming in at a whopping 4 lbs 4 oz! He is in the 78% percentile right now and the doctor said everything looks good and healthy. One thing we also learned was that I just happen to have lots of amniotic fluid around the little guy. Sometimes this can be a sign of gestational diabetes or other issues, but everything with him checks out great and no cause for concern! They like to see a range of 5 to 25 cm of fluid and I had 25cm!! Which explains why I'm measuring ahead of schedule and why I've gained more weight. The good thing is, a lot of it will come out at the birth!! We have another ultrasound in 4 weeks so we'll get another look at him!

The weather has finally started to warm up here and it's been gorgeous all week long! Nick and I have been taking Oscar for a walk every night possible after work. Not only does Oscar love it, but it's good for me and the baby and it's great for Nick and I. We have time to ourselves, no tv or distractions, to just talk about our day. It's been a great way for us to stay connected. We talk about everything and it's great because it gives us the chance to make sure we're on the same page about big ticket stuff, but also we have fun talking about the little stuff too! It's not always all about Baby B, but we are both so excited to meet him that he usually comes up at least once or twice.

I've started getting stretchmarks pretty badly and am just hoping they don't get too deep before he gets here. I use Basq cream to minimize the effects of them. I am a LOT more tired now. Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and I was asleep on the couch by 8!! LOL! Sleeping has become more difficult as the belly has gotten a lot bigger. It's harder to sit up/change positions, etc. Luckily I haven't been hit too badly with the bathroom bug yet. I do still have to go quite often, but not constantly yet like some women talk about. That could all change soon. I'm also hot ALL THE TIME! My feet sweat, my armpits, everything just feels hot!!

Time has started to creep by, or at least it feels that way. Even though the weeks go by fast, it feels like the time to meet the baby has slowed down. We only have 9 weeks left which seems crazy! When I look back on it, it's flown by. But now it seems like eternity until he's here. I'm sure it'll fly by and pretty soon we'll look back and miss the anticipation of getting to meet him. I have to remind myself you only get to be pregnant for the first time once, so I want to soak it in and enjoy it. I've lucked out in the comfort department. Other than sleeping, I really don't feel that uncomfortable during the day. Very little back pain so far. My legs/feet cramp, but other than that, I feel really good. While I'd have gone through much worse to have the opportunity to experience this and meet our son, he's been so easy on his mama, it makes me love him even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment