Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nursery update!



27 weeks




The closet overhaul was a success!! The blue/teal paint turned out awesome! At first it looked a little darker than I wanted, but after it fully dried, I ended up loving the color!! I designed the closet system I wanted online at Home Depot and printed out everything we would need. My dad and Pat were supposed to come up Friday night and start work on the closet on Saturday. Sadly, my dad's best friend Ed got some terrible news the week before. His son Eddie, who was literally one DAY younger than me, had died unexpectedly. They still aren't sure what the cause was, but either way, it was such sad news for their family. The funeral ended up being Saturday morning which delayed my parents arrival until Saturday afternoon. We had Nick's graduation dinner that night with all the family (mine and his) so the closet was put on hold until Sunday.




Dinner was great. We went to Chappell's and the food was wonderful! It was such a cool place with all this sports memorabelia and the owner came back and talked to us for a little while and was such a cool guy! Nick got some cool gifts, a Baker sweatshirt, a couple gift cards and baby B got his first KU basketball jersey from Uncle Dave!!




Sunday morning we got up, went to breakfast (thinking the closet couldn't possibly take too long) and came home so they could start working on it. Nick and my dad got started at about 10 am and the poor things worked pretty much straight through until 6:30 pm!! I felt so bad for my poor dad! They had to drive all the way back to Wichita after they finished, but I am so grateful and thankful that he came to install the closet! He's so good at that stuff and him and Nick made a great team. Everything went up pretty easily, there was just a lot of cutting things down to size to fit into our closet. It seriously looks so amazing! Even better than I had pictured in my head!
Here is a picture of how it turned out! I put his shoes and just one little outfit hanging! I plan on getting the rest of his clothes washed and hung up soon too!

Some new developments with little man this week are he's moving so much you can actually SEE it now. He was putting on a show for Nick and Judy Sunday night. He's moving and kicking a lot, but still just fun to feel, not painful. I've started having Braxton Hicks contractions every once in awhile. Last week I had a few that were pretty intense. Not painful, just pressure. I had my first episode of 'pregnancy heartburn/acid reflux' this weekend. It was awful!! Luckily it only lasted a couple of days!

Phases 2 and 3 of the nursery should hopefully be completed this week. Phase 2 is painting the walls. I got everything taped last night and am going to get all the supplies at lunch today. Nick is going to start painting tonight and hopefully we'll have it done in the next couple of days. Phase 3 will be furniture!! We have scrapped the idea of the first crib we wanted. We found another one we really like on Amazon and it turns out Nebraska Furniture Mart has the same one for less! We're going to head out there later this week to look around and hopefully buy/pick up our furniture so we can put it all together this weekend!
Our first baby shower is next weekend with another one the following weekend. I'm so excited for those! Now I just need to find something to wear!! Valentine's Day was yesterday, but we decided to keep it low key. We went to Jalapeno's for 2 for 1 taco night! It was perfect! I'm trying to soak up as much time with Nick as possible before baby makes 3! We have our next appointment next week and the doctor will go over what to expect during the 3rd trimester (so Nick is coming with me) AND I have to take my blood glucose test. I hope everything comes out ok!!

No comments:

Post a Comment